The Health Ministers of India and Bangladesh signed a MoU on Health in New Delhi on 12 February 2013.The salient features of the MoU between India and Bangladesh are as following:
The main areas of cooperation between the two Governments will include the following:
• Exchange of medical doctors, other health professionals and experts:
• Development of human resources.
• Exchange of information on health.
• Medical and health research development.
• Regulations of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and cosmetics.
• Health promotion and disease prevention.
• Fostering cooperation for the development of culturally sensitive and effective public and professional awareness campaign including clinical are practices and best practices guidelines for healthcare providers and caretakers to benefit individuals and families touched by Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Disabilities
• Any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
Moreover, the cooperation between India and Bangladesh in the fields of health and medical sciences will be promoted through the following means:
• Exchange of scientific materials and information.
• Joint collaboration in the area of research in medical science.
• Institution level cooperation in the field of medical treatment, scientific research and training.
• Exchange of health specialists and professionals.
• Participation of specialists / professionals in seminars, workshops, conferences and meetings to be organized by both the parties.
• Training for doctors and health workers by both the parties in the areas where they have relevant expertise and excellence.
• Other areas of cooperation in the fields of health and medical sciences as mutually agreed upon.”