India and Nepal signed 10 pacts on 25 November 2014 during Prime Minister Narendra Modi visit to Nepal. The pacts included five Agreements and five memorandum of understandings (MoUs). PM Modi also attended two events.
The agreements were signed after talks between Narendra Modi and Nepal’s Prime Minister Sushil Koirala. During the talks the two leaders discussed key strategic issues like defence and security. Modi also inaugurated a trauma centre built by India at Bir Hospital in Kathmandu.
Two events attended by Modi were Unveiling of Plaque for Nepal Police Academy and Handing over of keys for Mobile Soil Testing Van.
List of five agreements that were inked
• Agreement on extending Line-of-Credit of 1 billion US dollar by India
• Motor Vehicle Agreement (MVA)
• Twin City Agreement between Ayodhya – Janakpur
• Twin City Agreement between Kathmandu – Varanasi
• Twin City Agreement between Lumbini – Bodh Gaya
List of Five MoUs that were signed
• MoU on Nepal Police Academy (NPA)
• MoU on Tourism
• MoU Traditional Medicines
• MoU on Youth Exchange
• MoU on PDA for ARUN III
Who: India and Nepal
When: on 25 November 2014
Eight-foot bronze statue of World War II Indian pilot Mohinder Singh Pujji unveiled in UK
PV Sindhu won 2014 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton Title
CERN scientists discovered two subatomic particles belonging to the family of baryon
Book titled Letters for a Nation written by Jawaharlal Nehru & Madhav Khosla