India Cements on 16 September 2015 won the Moin-ud Dowlah Gold Cup Tournament 2015-16 by defeating Hyderabad XI. This was the third title for the winning team.
The final match was held at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad.
India Cements stood victorious by virtue of taking the first-innings lead against Hyderabad XI in the three-day final match.
For India Cements, while bowlers Vignesh and L Balaji played a crucial role by picking up three wickets each, its captain and player-of-the-final Abhinav Mukund stood for the team with a centuary.
B Anirudh, Hyderabad President’s XI batsman, was declared as the player of the tournament for scoring three centuries in the tournament.
The trophy and the awards were handed over by the ICC President Zaheer Abbas.
About Moin-ud-Dowlah Gold Cup Tournament
• It was held for the first time in 1930-31.
• Apart from teams from Hyderabad, regional cricket associations participate in the event on invitation basis.
• The tournament is being held in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad in September every year.
• It had the first-class status from 1930-31 to 1937-38, and from 1962-63 to 1973-74.
• It is held by the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA).
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: India Cements
When: 16 September 2015