India cricket team won the 5-match ODI series against Sri Lanka by 5-0
India won 5-match ODI series against Sri Lanka 5-0 after winning the final played at JSCA Stadium Complex in Ranchi.
Indian cricket team on 16 November 2014 won 5-match ODI series against Sri Lanka, 5-0. In the fifth and final match of the series played at JSCA Stadium Complex in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India defeated Sri Lanka by 3 wickets.
Starting the innings, Sri Lanka posted 286 for 8 with skipper Angelo Mathews superb innings of 139 not out.
In reply, Indian captain Virat Kohli became the fastest to hit 21 ODI centuries as the hosts overhauled the target with 8 balls to spare. He made a blistering 139 not out.
Virat Kohli was declared Man of the Series.
• Match 1: Played on 2 November 2014 at Barabati Stadium, Cuttack. India won the match by 169 runs. Man of the Match was Ajinkya M Rahane.
• Match 2: Played on 6 November 2014 at Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera. India won by 6 wickets. Man of the Match was Ambati Rayudu.
• Match 3: Played on 9 November 2014 at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad. India won by 6 wickets. Man of the Match was DPMD Jayawardene of Sri Lanka.
• Match 4: Played on 13 November 2014 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. India won by 153 runs. Man of the Match was Rohit Sharma.
• Match 5: Played on 16 November 2014 at JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi. India won by 3 wickets. Man of the Match was Angelo Mathews of Sri Lanka.
Some records created in the series includes
• Virat Kohli became the fastest cricketer to hit 21 ODI centuries. He took just 138 Innings to make 21 ODI centuries as compared to Sachin Tendulkar who had taken 200 innings to get to 21 hundreds in the one-day format.
• Virat Kohli became the fastest cricketer in the history to reach 6000 one-day international run mark and overtook legendary West Indian Vivian Richards' record.
• Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma scored the highest ODI score ever of 264 runs, which is also the second-highest List A score. With this he also became the first cricketer to make two double ODI centuries.