India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers April 2013, April 15-April 21
The week’s quizzes were based on different decisions made by the Union Government of India, judgments of Supreme Court and High Court...
The week’s quizzes were based on different decisions made by the Union Government of India, judgments of Supreme Court and High Court. Solve the quizzes to keep yourself updated about the events of past and important for examination of different types.
1. The High Court of Delhi on 9 April 2013 rejected the idea of self-regulation of the broadcasters and recommended the Union Government of India to constitute a Statutory Regulatory Body to control Electronic Media. Which of the following statements in connection to the Courts decision are true?
I. The Court in its judgment ruled that state intervention is necessary to promote the media environment that is characterized by pluralism and diversity.
II. The High Court bench added that a regulatory body was required for ensuring compliance of the provisions mentioned under the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act 1995 and the Cable Television Network Rules, 1994 by the media organizations.
III. The court in its recommendation said that a statutory regulatory body that consists of men and women of eminence from field of law, science, art and culture, literature, history and social sciences to be constituted. Security of tenure needs to be brought into practice for the members of the regulatory body to ensure non-interference from the government.
IV. The Court barred the self-regulatory body of the Indian Broadcasting Foundation — Broadcasting Consumers Complaint Committee as the regulatory body to look into the complaints of violation of program and advertising codes and other provisions by the media and give its ruling.
a) Statements I, II and III are true
b) Statements I, III and IV are true
c) Statements II, III and IV are true
d) All the four statements are true
Answer: (a) Statements I, II and III are true
2. Under which section of the Constitution of India, does the President gets the Right to appoint Judges to the High Court’s and Supreme Court of India.
a) Clause 2 of Article 123
b) Clause 1 of Article 125
c) Clause 2 of Article 124
d) Clause 1 of Article 63
Answer: (c) Clause 2 of Article 124
3. The Supreme Court of India on 12 April 2013 dismissed the plea of _________ the terrorist of Khalistan Liberation Force to dismiss the death penalty and shift it to life imprisonment. He faced the sentence of Death from the Supreme Court for triggering a bomb blast in Delhi in 1993, in which 9 people were killed leaving behind 17 injured.
a) Raghvendra Pal Singh Bhullar
b) Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar
c) Dharmendra Pal Singh Bhullar
d) Kulvendra Pal Singh Bhullar
Answer: (b) Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar
4. The Government of India approved the project for creation of National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN) connecting how many ______________ Gram Panchayats (GPs) in the country through Optical Cable (OFC). The Union Government decided to fund the project through _______________________?
a) 250000 Gram Panchayats and will be funded by Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).
b) 300000 Gram Panchayats and will be funded by World Bank
c) 2000 Gram Panchayats and will be funded by the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).
d) 2500 Gram Panchayats and will be funded by Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).
Answer: (a) 250000 Gram Panchayats and will be funded by Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).
5. Name the two states from where the Election Commission of India has planned to launch its driving license like-hard plastic voter ID cards and replace the long existing laminated voter identity cards.
a) Assam and Meghalaya
b) Assam and Nagaland
c) Himachal Pradesh and Delhi
d) Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand
Answer: (b) Assam and Nagaland