India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers April 2013, April 22-April 28
This week of April saw death of the first Chief Election Commissioner of India, 35 % reservation of women for posts of constables and sub-inspectors...
This week of April saw death of the first Chief Election Commissioner of India, 35 % reservation of women for posts of constables and sub-inspectors. The quizzes of the week are based upon the events that occurred across the nation. To judge your knowledge about the happenings of the week, solve the quizzes.
1. Who was the one and only women, to serve as the Chief Election Commissioner of India?
a) Mahasweta Devi
b) Pratibha Ray
c) Qurratulain Hyder
d) V.S. Ramadevi
Answer: (d) V.S. Ramadevi
2. State Cabinet of which State ________________ recently on 16 April 2013 gave its not to grant 35 percent reservation to women in the recruitment of constables and sub-inspectors in reserved and unreserved categories of the state.
Answer: (c) Bihar
3. Name the writer who was recently selected for Jnanpith Award 2012 by the Jnanpith Award Committee.
a) Pratibha Ray
b) Amar Kant
c) Sri Lal Sukla
d) Ravuri Bharadhwaja
Answer: (d) Ravuri Bharadhwaja
4. The Vice-President of India recently paid a four day state-visit to a country from 14 to 17 April 2013. Name of the country of his visit?
Answer: (b) Tajikistan
5. The 20th meeting of Eastern Zonal Council, comprising of the States of West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar and Jharkhand, was held on 17 April 2013 at ____________________?
Answer: (d) Kolkata