The week saw many events on the national front like constitution of Standing Council of Experts, launch of National Higher education Campaign, skill development scheme to offer employment to tribal youth and more. Solve the quizzes that follow to keep yourself updated.
1. By-election results of five states of India namely Gujarat, Maharashtra, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and ______________ were announced on 5 June 2013.
d) West Bengal
Answer: (d) West Bengal
2. The Union Government of India on 7 June 2013 constituted a Standing Council of Experts (SCE) to access global competitiveness of Indian Financial Sector in the _______________?
a) Commerce and Industry ministry
b) Department of Finance
c) Department of Economic Affairs
d) International market
Answer: (c) Department of Economic Affairs
3. The Union government of India on 8 June 2013 decided to launch National Higher education Campaign, named_______________, to focus on equity based development, improvement in teaching-learning quality and research.
a) Rashtriya Ucchatar Shiksha Abhiyan
b) Rashtriya Ucchatam Shiksha Abhiyan
c) Rashtriya Uccha Shiksha Abhiyan
d) Rashtriya Shiksha Abhiyan
Answer: (a) Rashtriya Ucchatar Shiksha Abhiyan
4. Union government in month of June 2013 has reconstituted the National Advisory Council by including prominent sociologist _________ into the 12-member panel chaired by Sonia Gandhi.
a) Yogesh Atal
b) Virginius Xaxa
c) Vina Mazumdar
d) Gail Omvedt
Answer: (b) Virginius Xaxa
5. Ministry of Rural Development on 7 June 2013 launched a new skill development scheme to offer employment to tribal youth in 24 Naxal affected districts. What is the name of this scheme?
Answer: (b) Roshni
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.