India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers June 2013, June 17-June 23
India in the third week of June 2013 witnessed many happenings, like the flash floods in Uttrakhand after heavy rainfall...
India in the third week of June 2013 witnessed many happenings, like the flash floods in Uttrakhand after heavy rainfall, constitution of a committee to give clear definitions to Foreign Direct Investment, and a committee to Examine Indecent Representation of Women in Media, SEBI guidelines for investment advisers and more. Solve the quizzes available on the website to have a check on how prepared you for the upcoming competitive examinations.
1. Name the person who headed the committee constituted by the Union Government of India to give clear definitions to Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Foreign Institutional Investment (FII) with an aim of removing the ambiguity from both types of foreign investments.
a) Dr. K.C. Chakrabarty
b) Arvind Mayaram
c) Dr. Urjit R. Patel
d) Y.H. Malegam
Answer: (b) Arvind Mayaram
2. What is the amount allotted to Gujarat from the Planning Commission of India under its annual plan 2013-14?
a) 63000 crore rupees
b) 54000 crore rupees
c) 59000 crore rupees
d) 45000 crore rupees
Answer: (c) 59000 crore rupees
3. Name the latest case in which Supreme Court of India practiced the Scope of Article 21 (Right to Life and Personal Liberty)?
a) Videocon case against three Ugandan citizens
b) Maneka Gandhi vs. Union of India Case
c) Gopalanachari vs. Administrator, State of Kerala
d) Francis Coralie Mullin vs. Union Territory of Delhi
Answer: (a) Videocon case against three Ugandan citizens
4. Name the person who has been appointed the head of the committee to Examine Indecent Representation of Women in Media Constituted?
a) Bimal Jalan
b) K Ratnaprabha
c) JS Verma
d) Acharya Kripalani
Answer: (b) K Ratnaprabha
5. Government of India on 19 June 2013 announced a disaster relief fund of ___________ crore rupees to Uttarakhand.
Answer: (b) 1000
6. Indian Air Force (IAF) received its first of the ten Boeing C-17 Globemaster III Aircraft from United States on 18 June 2013. The first C-17 Globemaster landed at ____________ Airbase in India?
a) Hindan Air Force Station Airbase
b) Farkhor Air Force Station Airbase
c) Palam Air Force Station Airbase
d) Ambala Air Force Station Airbase
Answer: (a) Hindan Air Force Station Airbase
7. Name the state that made it mandatory to have an Aadhaar Card to withdraw salary from August for teaching and non-teaching staffs?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: (d) Maharashtra
8. Name the writer of the book “Ambedkar Speaks (Trilogy)”?
a) Dr. Rajendra Jadhav
b) Dr. Narendra Jadhav
c) Dr. Surendra Jadhav
d) Dr. Vijendra Jadhav
Answer: (b) Dr. Narendra Jadhav
9. Name the publisher of the book “Ambedkar Speaks (Trilogy)”?
a) Shriti Publishers
b) Konark Publishers
c) Rupa Publishers
d) Mills and Boons
Answer: (b) Konark Publishers
10. SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India), the market regulator of India on 20 June 2013 notified guidelines for investment advisers and their associated person and made it compulsory for them to get the requisite certifications for them to operate in stock market. Name the body that will offer certifications for being an investment adviser?
a) Institute of Securities Markets
b) National Institute of Securities Markets
c) National Institute of Securities
d) National Securities Market Institute
Answer: (b) National Institute of Securities Markets