The third week of May 2013 witnessed several initiatives of the government of India like raise of assistance amount under IAY and also its guidelines, raise in criteria of creamy layer under OBCs and more. Solve the quizzes that follow and test your preparation for the upcoming exams.
1. The monetary assistance under the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), the housing scheme for the poor, giving priority to the scheduled castes, tribes and minorities has been raised by what amount?
a) 25000 rupees
b) 35000 rupees
c) 15000 rupees
d) 30000 rupees
Answer: (a) 25000 rupees
2. Name the first Indigenous developed Rotavirus Vaccine of India.
Answer: (a) Rotavac
3. The Union Government on 15 May 2013 had set up an expert Committee under the supervision_____________ to evolve a composite index to measure backwardness of states.
a) Bharat Ramaswami
b) Raghuram G Rajan
c) Najeeb Jung
d) Nirija G Jayal
Answer: (b) Raghuram G Rajan
4. The government on 13 May 2013 approved new guidelines for the Indira Awas Yojna Scheme for rural poor. Which of the following statements about the newly issued guidelines are true?
I. Building Toilets has been made compulsory under the Indira Awas Yojna.
II. Manual scavengers freed bonded labourers and tribal groups will be given preference in allotments.
III. The allocation for each dwelling unit was increased from 45000 rupees to75000 rupees.
IV. In Maoist-affected and hilly regions, the allocation would now be 75000 rupees from the existing 48500 rupees. Landless labourers which were given 10000 rupees for buying land would now be given 20000 rupees.
a) All the statements are true
b) Only statement I is true
c) Only statement II are true
d) Only statements II and III true
Answer: (a) All the statements are true
5. Union Government of India on 16 May 2013 revised the criteria for creamy layer of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) from 4.5 lakh rupees to ________ lakh rupees to avail benefits of reservations in government jobs and admissions to central educational institutions.
a) 6.5 lakh
b) 5.7 lakh
c) 12 lakh
d) 6 lakh
Answer: (d) 6 lakh
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.