In the third week of May 2013 show Supreme Court’s Decision on two finger test on rape victims, MoU signed by Election Commission of India and many more things on the national front. Solve the quizzes that follows to check your preparation and how updated you are.
1. The Supreme Court of India on 19 May 2013 pronounced its decision on the two-finger test on a rape victim and directed the government to provide better medical procedures to confirm sexual assault. What is the reason cited by the Court to ban the two finger test?
a) Because the test is medically unfit
b) Because it impacts the health of the victim
c) The test violates her right to privacy
d) All the three reasons mentioned above were cited by the court
Answer: (c) The test violates her right to privacy
2. The Election Commission of India and the National Literacy Mission Authority, Ministry of Human Resource Development, on 21 May 2013 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on _______________ in New Delhi?
a) Electoral Literacy and Greater Participation for a Stronger and Inclusive Democracy
b) Greater Participation for a Stronger and Inclusive Democracy only
c) Electoral Literacy and Greater Participation for Democracy only
d) Electoral Literacy and Inclusive Democracy only
Answer: (a) Electoral Literacy and Greater Participation for a Stronger and Inclusive Democracy
3. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on 21 May 2013 relaxed the eligibility parameters for the _____________ with an expectation of reducing the neonatal and maternal mortality in young mothers.
a) Janani Suraksha Yojana
b) Janani-shishu Suraksha Yojna
c) Sishu-Janani Suraksha Yojna
d) Maa-Shishu Suraksha yojna
Answer: (a) Janani Suraksha Yojana
4. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on 23 May 2013 approved the proposal of Department of AIDS Control, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for the implementation of National AIDS Control Support Project (NACSP) under the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP). The amount for this would be 2550 crore Rupees. The Government of India as well as the World Bank will finance the NACP in equal proportions. Which of the following statements about the benefits of project is/are false?
I. Strengthening Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) and demand generation
II. Intensifying and consolidating prevention services with a focus on highly vulnerable populations, high risk groups and bridge population
III. Institutional strengthening and financial management
IV. The project would also help in controlling the spread of HIV infection in India as well as the countries in the sub-continent
a) Statement I and IV are false
b) Statement I and II are False
c) Statement IV Is false
d) Statement III is False
Answer: (c) Statement IV is false
5. The Union Government of India on 24 May 2013 announced that under the 12th Five Year Plan it will set up Institutes of Teacher Training at Block Level in __________ districts. The decision of the union Government will help in strengthening the teacher training capacity across the nation.
Answer: (b) 196