In the second week National Rural Livelihoods Mission was cleared by the Union Cabinet, programme for improvement of child development and nutritional outcomes for children and more. Solve the quizzes given below to check your preparations for the competitive exams.
1. The Union Cabinet on 6 May 2013 had cleared important changes to the National Rural Livelihoods Mission _________ in a major boost to the roll out of the women’s self help group model across the country?
c) Jeevan Suraksha
Answer: (d) Aajeevika
2. The Union Cabinet of India on 1May 2013 approved major changes to the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) with the objective of removing poverty in rural areas by empowering women. Approximately, 25 lakh Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) will be given bank loans at an interest rate of _______ percent?
a) 7 percent
b) 6 percent
c) 7.2 percent
d) 6.8 percent
Answer: (a) 7 percent
3. The Union Government of India on 8 May 2013 approved _____________ policy with an aim to create a secured Computing environment across the country?
a) Computing Policy of India
b) National Cyber Policy
c) National Policy of Computing
d) National Cyber Security Policy
Answer: (d) National Cyber Security Policy
4. The Minister for Women & Child Development, Krishna Tirath on 9 May 2013 launched the World Bank assisted___________. The aim of the programme is improvement of child development and nutritional outcomes for children in selected districts having higher proportional of child under nutrition.
a) ICDS Systems Nutrition Improvement Project
b) ICDS Systems Strengthening and Nutrition Improvement Project
c) ICDS Systems Strengthening for the Nutrition Improvement Project
d) ICDS Nutrition Improvement Project
Answer: (b) ICDS Systems Strengthening and Nutrition Improvement Project (ISSNIP)
5. Ministry for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution introduced amendments in the National Food Security Bill in the Lok Sabha on 9 May 2013 and placed the amended Bill for consideration and passing by the House. Which of the following statements related to the Bill are true?
I. The Government decided to move certain amendments to the Bill Based on the recommendations of the Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
II. These amendments seek to make the framework of the proposed legislation simpler, provide more flexibility to States/UTs in its implementation and to address some of the concerns raised by them.
III. Protection of entitlements under Targeted Public Distribution System:The entitlement of Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) households, which constitute poorest of the poor will, however, be protected at 35 kg per household per month.
IV. Statement I and II are only true
a) Statement I, II and III are true
b) Statement IV is true
c) Statement I and II are only true
d) Only statement I is true
Answer: (a) Statement I and II are only true