Indian cricket team on 7 August 2014 equaled the world record of maximum number of 6 ducks (zero runs) in a Test innings. India equaled the record on the first day of the Manchester Test played against England.
Players who got out at ducks were
• Murali Vijay - lost his wicket to James Anderson
• Cheteshwar Pujara - lost his wicket to Stuart Broad
• Virat Kohli - lost his wicket to James Anderson
• Ravindra Jadeja - lost his wicket to James Anderson
• Bhuvneshwar Kumar - lost his wicket to Stuart Broad
• Pankaj Singh - lost his wicket to Stuart Broad
Stuart Broad by claiming 6 wickets in 13.4 over by giving away 25 runs made India to suffer a dramatic batting collapse. While, James Anderson and Chris Jordan claimed 3 wickets and 1 wicket respectively, to bundle down the MS Dhoni led Indian team India at 152 runs.
The other teams with the record of 6 ducks in a Test innings are Pakistan, South Africa and Bangladesh.
• Pakistan - Vs West Indies (Karchi, 1980)
• South Africa - Vs India (Ahmedabad, 1996)
• Bangladesh - Vs West Indies (Dhaka, 2002)
What: equaled by India
When: 7 August 2014