India and Kazakhstan on 8 July 2015 signed five agreements during the two-day visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Kazakhstan. The agreement was signed in the presence of PM Modi and Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan.
Narendra Modi is on an eight-day visit to five Central Asian states, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan from 6 July to 13 July 2015.
List of Agreements signed
• Agreement on Transfer of Sentenced Persons
• Agreement on Defence and Military – Technical Cooperation
• Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Cooperation on Physical Cultural and Sports
• MoU on Technical Cooperation in the field of Railways
• Long term contract between Department of Atomic Energy, India and KazAtomProm for sale and purchase of natural uranium concentrates
In addition to above agreements, a MoU between JSC «Kazxnex Invest» and JSC «Invest India», which includes a Road Map on Trade, Economic and Investment Cooperation was also signed during the visit. The roadmap would identify concrete projects in various sectors and assist in efficient implementation of projects in both the countries to activate bilateral trade and economic relations.
Besides, the two leaders also issue a joint statement title Tej Kadam highlighting the continuation of strategic partnership between the two nations that was established in 2009 and a shared desire for regional and international peace and stability.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.