India and Mozambique on 7 July 2016 signed three Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) in areas of drug trafficking, pulse trading and sports.
These MoUs were signed between two countries at Maputo, Mozambique during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Mozambique.
MoU on long term agreement for purchase of pulses
• It will promote the production of Tur (Pigeon Peas) and other pulses in Mozambique to encourage trading of pulses.
• It will also play an important role in augmenting domestic availability of pulses in India.
• The contract will be valid for five financial years 2020-21 and pulses under it will be imported by India either through G2G or private channels nominated by two countries.
Other MoUs signed
• MoU on cooperation in the field of youth affairs and sports.
• MoU on reduction of drug trafficking and psychotropic substances and related materials.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 7 July 2016