The Union Cabinet on 1 June 2016 gave its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Qatar for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
The main objectives of the MoU are:
• It will create favourable conditions for long-term co-operation in the field of tourism for the mutual benefits.
• It will help in exchange of expertise, publications, information/data and statistics related to tourism.
• It will encourage cooperation through the exchange of programmes, propaganda and advertising materials, publications, films, promotion and marketing of their tourism products via media etc.
• It will help in exchange visits of tour operators/media/opinion makers for promotion of two way tourism.
• It will help in encouraging the co-operation between tourism sectors, tour operators, travel agents and other tourism private sector's firms and bureaus in the two countries.
• It will also help in encouraging public and the private sectors to invest in tourism.
Other Cabinet approvals related to MoU with Qatar
• Cooperation in Skill Development and Recognition of qualifications: It will facilitate workforce mobility, skill development and placement of youth in overseas jobs in Qatar.
• Signing and ratification of Agreement on Co-operation and Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters: It aims at entering into a bilateral Agreement on co-operation Customs matters. It will help in availability of relevant information for the prevention and investigation of Customs offences. It will also facilitate trade and ensure efficient clearance of goods traded between the countries.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 1 June 2016