India and Tanzania on 19 June 2015 signed six MoUs in the field of tourism, education and hydrography to deepen bilateral cooperation.
The agreement was inked in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of Tanzania Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete. President of Tanzania is on a five-day tour to India from 17 June to 21 June 2015.
List of inked MOU/Project signed/Exchanged with Tanzania
• MOU on establishing a collaborative program in official statistics: It was inked between the East Africa Statistical Training Center (EASTC) in Tanzania and the National Statistical System Training Academy (NSSTA) in India and will include capacity building for Staff of EASTC and other African Countries in Official Statistics.
• MOU on cooperation in Agricultural Statistics, Computer Applications and Bio-informatics: It was inked between EASTC and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute (IASRI) for capacity building of Staff
• MOU on Cooperation in the field of Tourism: To enhance bilateral cooperation in Tourism and hospitality sectors.
• Loan agreement to operationalise the LoC: The agreement was signed between Exim Bank and Government of Tanzania on LOC for 268.35 million US dollar for extension of Lake Victoria pipeline project.
• Agreement for appointing the former as PMC: The agreement was signed between WAPCOS (PSU under M/o Water) and Government of Tanzania for preparation of DPR for Lake Victoria pipeline project
• MOU for Cooperation in the field of Hydrography & Protocol on exchange of Hydrographic Data: To promote development and cooperation in the field of Hydrography through conducting surveys, exchange of data, capacity building and infrastructure strengthening.
Besides, the President of Tanzania Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete held delegation level talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and agreed to set up a joint working group to combat terrorism. Kikwete also sought Indian investment for his country and assured Indian investors of investment friendly environment in his country.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App