India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country. For a better grasp of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.com.
1 July 2013
• The Madras High Court on 1 July 2013 upheld the ban imposed by the government on LTTE in 2010.
• National Cyber Security Policy 2013 was launched by Government to protect information and build capabilities to prevent cyber attacks.
• I&B Ministry has cancelled licenses of 61 channels, as they were not under operation within one year of granting permission.
2 July 2013
• SC ordered State Governments to curb the practice of sale of adulterated milk. The court directed them to share their steps to curb the practice of sale.
• The second meeting of the Prime Minister’s Committee on the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) was held.
• Ordinance to implement Food Security Bill was approved by the union Cabinet and Sent for President’s assent. Further, it was forwarded to President.
3 July 2013
• Supreme Court ruled that benefits of the Voluntary Retirement Scheme can’t be claimed by an employee. The right lies only in the hands of employer.
• Bharti Airtel Ltd. became the majority shareholder in the Indian broadband units of Qualcomm Inc.
4 July 2013
• Pranab Mukherjee signed the ordinance on food security on 5 July 2013 which seeks to give legal rights to 67 per cent of the population for subsidised grains.
• Union Government of India announced to launch Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Surakhsa Yojna (MGPSY).
• Senior parliamentarian Shriniwas Dadasaheb Patil was appointed as the new governor of Sikkim.
5 July 2013
• Law Commission extended the last date from 30 June 2013 to 31 July 2013 for sending suggestion on Electoral reforms.
• The government for the first time has given its nod for recruitment and commissioning of women officers in BSF.
6 July 2013
• Realty major DLF finalised the 325-crore rupees deal to sell 150 MW wind turbine project in Gujarat.
• State Bank of India launched a card which will enable the holder to receive the remittance directly on the card.
7 July 2013
• Former Delhi police Chief, KK Paul took over as the new Governor of Meghalaya.
• Lt Gen (Retd) AK Singh on took over as the new Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.