India This Week: 1 July-7 July 2013
India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country.
India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country. For a better grasp of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.com.
1 July 2013
• The Madras High Court on 1 July 2013 upheld the ban imposed by the government on LTTE in 2010.
• National Cyber Security Policy 2013 was launched by Government to protect information and build capabilities to prevent cyber attacks.
• I&B Ministry has cancelled licenses of 61 channels, as they were not under operation within one year of granting permission.
2 July 2013
• SC ordered State Governments to curb the practice of sale of adulterated milk. The court directed them to share their steps to curb the practice of sale.
• The second meeting of the Prime Minister’s Committee on the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) was held.
• Ordinance to implement Food Security Bill was approved by the union Cabinet and Sent for President’s assent. Further, it was forwarded to President.
3 July 2013
• Supreme Court ruled that benefits of the Voluntary Retirement Scheme can’t be claimed by an employee. The right lies only in the hands of employer.
• Bharti Airtel Ltd. became the majority shareholder in the Indian broadband units of Qualcomm Inc.
4 July 2013
• Pranab Mukherjee signed the ordinance on food security on 5 July 2013 which seeks to give legal rights to 67 per cent of the population for subsidised grains.
• Union Government of India announced to launch Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Surakhsa Yojna (MGPSY).
• Senior parliamentarian Shriniwas Dadasaheb Patil was appointed as the new governor of Sikkim.
5 July 2013
• Law Commission extended the last date from 30 June 2013 to 31 July 2013 for sending suggestion on Electoral reforms.
• The government for the first time has given its nod for recruitment and commissioning of women officers in BSF.
6 July 2013
• Realty major DLF finalised the 325-crore rupees deal to sell 150 MW wind turbine project in Gujarat.
• State Bank of India launched a card which will enable the holder to receive the remittance directly on the card.
7 July 2013
• Former Delhi police Chief, KK Paul took over as the new Governor of Meghalaya.
• Lt Gen (Retd) AK Singh on took over as the new Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.