India this Week is meant for those students who quickly want to get a glimpse of important headlines of the world. This section allows you to hurriedly read through the headlines which kept the world engaged. The important news stories throughout the week are mentioned here in brief.
10 June 2013
• The meeting of all political parties on Naxal violence unanimously passed a resolution in New Delhi.
• CBI registered an FIR against Naveen Jindal, Dasari Narayana Rao and five private companies in context of getting coal block in Jharkhand.
• The first meeting of the Cauvery Supervisory Committee was held which decided to review the position of storage levels.
11 June 2013
• Indian railway decided to start the services of booking travel tickets through SMS. The services will start from July 2013.
• The demand for its share of water by Tamil Nadu from the Cauvery Basin was rejected by the Cauvery Supervisory committee citing low storage level a reason.
• Union Government decided to discontinue the Telegraph Services in India from 15 July 2013
12 June 2013
• Rajasthan government signed MoU with the (IRCTC) Ltd for a scheme as per which it will bear all the expenses for senior citizens to go on select pilgrimages.
• Government has set a target of achieving 80 percent literacy rate by 2017 at present the literacy rate of India is 74 percent.
• Market regulator Sebi notified a new set of regulations to regulate issuing and listing of non-convertible preference.
13 June 2013
• The (I-T) department has notified a revised form to check for transfer pricing infractions, something that could intensify the scrutiny on their books.
• Union government of India doubled the special monetary allowance given to gallantry award recipients.
• Maharashtra confirmed that the Asian Athletic Championship will be held in Pune from 3 to 7 July 2013.
14 June 2013
• Indian archers, Rajat Chouhan and Manjudha Soy won silver medal at the World Cup (Stage-II) Archery competition in Turkey.
• Maharashtra government decided setting up separate education commisionerates in order to provide education to students of the tribal community.
• The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP extended special package for Industrial Development of J&K for a period of 5 years.
15 June 2013
• Tamil Nadu government decided to set up 30 marine police stations to guard the coastal districts of the state.
• The Punjab Cabinet in Month has approved the policy for regularisation of about 5000 unauthorised colonies in the State.
16 June 2013
• Telecom regulator TRAI announced reduction in the national mobile phone roaming charges which will come into effect 1 July 2013.
• RBI in its June mid-quarter monetary policy left its key policy ( repo rate) unchanged at 7.25 percent