India this week is a section dedicated to get a brief insight of latest happenings in India. This section will enable students in understanding about the major incidences and happenings that kept everyone engrossed. By reading the India This Week section, students can easily and quickly grasp the happenings at the national level.
11 March 2013
• Union Minister of Communications & IT, inaugurated the First All Women Employees Post Office of India at Shastri Bhawan in New Delhi.
• Ministry of Tourism’s new film Find What You Seek received first prize at the 11th Golden City Gate Tourism Media Awards Ceremony held in Berlin
• 5th CIDC Vishwakarma Award 2013: Tapas Kumar Lahiry Won Achievement Award for Public Officer
12 March 2013
• The Union Minister for Steel, Beni Prasad Verma released a Coffee Table Book titled Indian Saga of Steel in New Delhi
• 76 years old legendary painter Ganesh Pyne died after a heart attack at a city hospital in Kolkata.
• IGI Airport was placed at 2nd position in the category of airports that handles 25 to 40 million passengers per year (MPPA) by ACI.
13 March 2013
• Prof Veer Bhadra Mishra, the noted environmentalist died at Sir Sundarlal Hospital of Banaras Hindu University. He was aged 75 years.
• The Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, announced Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Awards for the year 2011.
• Soumitra Bhattacharya and Sandeep Kumar Maini elected as the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of CII Karnataka for 2013-14.
14 March 2013
• The Union Cabinet cleared a Bill providing for severe punishment for rape, acid attack, stalking and voyeurism
• Kallam Anji Reddy, the main behind Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd, the second-largest drugmaker of India died at Hyderabad’s Apollo Hospital.
15 March 2013
• The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee released a commemorative postal stamp at XXXIII Convocation of PGIMER at Chandigarh
• B Ashok Reddy, the Infotech Enterprises President was elected as the new chairman of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Andhra Pradesh, for 2013-14.
16 March 2013
• The Union ministry of social justice and empowerment for the first time instituted national awards to prevent Alcoholism and Drug abuse
• India ranked fifth in the world in terms of number of High Net worth Individuals (HNIs), according to the Knight Frank Wealth Report 2013.
17 March 2013
• Sugathakumari, the Malayalam poetess was chosen for the Saraswati Samman 2012 for the poetry collection Manalezhuthu
• Bobby Ghosh was appointed as the Editor of Times International. He is the first non-American to be appointed at the post in the 80 years history of Times.