The India this week section contains information about the relevant event occurrences in and around India and this compilation will be of a great use for the students to check out the national happenings and issues under development.
13 May 2013
• The Union Government decided to publicise best practices on implementation of RTI Act by public authorities all over the country.
• Indigenously developed Rotavirus Vaccine named Rotavac was unveiled by India. DCGI approval for commercial production of the vaccine is awaited.
• The government approved new guidelines for the Indira Awas Yojna Scheme for rural poor.
14 May 2013
• Union Government set up an expert Committee to evolve a composite index to measure backwardness of states.
• Government decided to launch DBTL scheme in 20 high Aadhaar coverage districts from 1 June 2013.
15 May 2013
• Star India in the month of May 2013 launched its new movie channel, Star Movies Actions, which is targeted at male audiences.
16 May 2013
• OBC creamy layer criteria were raised to 6 lakh rupees from previous 4.5 lakh rupees by Union Cabinet of India.
• The Union government slashed the import tariff value of gold and silver to 466 Dollars per ten grams and 761 Dollars per kg, respectively.
17 May 2013
• With the implementation of the Drug Price Control Order 2013 the prices of the 348 essential medicines listed in NLEM 2011 will go down by up to 80%.
18 May 2013
• The Supreme Court of India held that the two-finger test on a rape victim violates her right to privacy.
• Indian Farmers Fertiliser Co-operative (IFFCO), signed an agreement Vale SA for supply of rock phosphate.
19 May 2013
• Singer Hariharan was conferred with the Lata Mangeshkar Samman Alankaran which was instituted by Madhya Pradesh government in 1984.