India This Week: 13 May-19 May 2013
The India this week section contains information about the relevant event occurrences in and around India...
The India this week section contains information about the relevant event occurrences in and around India and this compilation will be of a great use for the students to check out the national happenings and issues under development.
13 May 2013
• The Union Government decided to publicise best practices on implementation of RTI Act by public authorities all over the country.
• Indigenously developed Rotavirus Vaccine named Rotavac was unveiled by India. DCGI approval for commercial production of the vaccine is awaited.
• The government approved new guidelines for the Indira Awas Yojna Scheme for rural poor.
14 May 2013
• Union Government set up an expert Committee to evolve a composite index to measure backwardness of states.
• Government decided to launch DBTL scheme in 20 high Aadhaar coverage districts from 1 June 2013.
15 May 2013
• Star India in the month of May 2013 launched its new movie channel, Star Movies Actions, which is targeted at male audiences.
16 May 2013
• OBC creamy layer criteria were raised to 6 lakh rupees from previous 4.5 lakh rupees by Union Cabinet of India.
• The Union government slashed the import tariff value of gold and silver to 466 Dollars per ten grams and 761 Dollars per kg, respectively.
17 May 2013
• With the implementation of the Drug Price Control Order 2013 the prices of the 348 essential medicines listed in NLEM 2011 will go down by up to 80%.
18 May 2013
• The Supreme Court of India held that the two-finger test on a rape victim violates her right to privacy.
• Indian Farmers Fertiliser Co-operative (IFFCO), signed an agreement Vale SA for supply of rock phosphate.
19 May 2013
• Singer Hariharan was conferred with the Lata Mangeshkar Samman Alankaran which was instituted by Madhya Pradesh government in 1984.