The Students who need to get a quick recap of the national news stories and current affairs over the week can refer to this section. By reading this section, the students can easily find out the important stories of the national importance over the week. This section allows the students in getting a quick look at the stories of the national importance.
15 April 2013
• The Airports Authority of India partnered with MITRE Corporation, for setting up the high-tech research, development and training facility in Hyderabad.
• The Union Government accorded approval of 285.75 crore rupees to Himachal Pradesh under PMGSY.
• The Goa Government decided to impose entry tax on vehicles registered outside the state and entering Goa.
• I & B Ministry constituted an Inter-Ministerial Committee for Promotion and Facilitation of Film Production in India.
• Union Home Minister chaired the conference of Chief Ministers on the 5th report on Public Order submitted by 2nd ARC.
16 April 2013
• Chandigarh won third North Zone Sub-Junior National Championship after defeating Punjab in the final. Haryana won the Women Title of the Championship.
• 66th Himachal Day Celebrate at Dhalpur Ground, Kullu. State Government announced different schemes to uplift living standards of people of state.
• Delhi-born Raj Chetty won John Bates Clark medal for 2013, also called Baby Nobel.
• Sunil Kumar took over as the Managing Director of Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS)
• President Pranab Mukherjee dedicated Siddheshwar Dham Temple to the Nation
17 April 2013
• RBI decided to launch Plastic notes in the denomination of 10 Rupees in five selected cities of India on trial basis.
• The Indian Coast Guard Ship C-402 was commissioned in Mumbai by Sanjeev Dayal, Director General Police, Maharashtra.
• The retail business of Sahara India Pariwar called Sahara Q Shop entered into the Guinness World Records by opening 315 outlets in 10 states.
• Navjot Singh became the youngest athlete of Jammu and Kashmir to be conferred with the Sher-i-Kashmir Sports Award.
18 April 2013
• The lone women Chief Election Commissioner of India, V.S. Ramadevi died due to Cardiac Arrest. She also was the governor of Karnataka & HP.
• The Bihar Cabinet passed the proposal of 35 percent seat reservation for women in recruitment of constables and sub-inspectors in the state.
• Telgu Writer, Ravuri Bharadwaja was selected for the Jnanpith Award 2012 by the Jnanpith Award Committee for his contribution to Telgu Literature.
• SC cancelled 49 mine leases in Karnataka based on the recommendations of the Central Empowered Committee.
19 April 2013
• The 10-member High Level Working Group headed by K Kasturirangan presented report on Western Ghats to Ministry of Environment and Forests.
• 12000 cr rupees allocated to Bihar under Special Plan for remaining four years of the 12th five year plan by CCEA.
• Aruna Bahuguna appointed as the first women Special Director General of CRPF. She is an IPS from a 1979-batch Andhra Pradesh cadre.
20 April 2013
• Union Government of India approved the National Policy for Children, 2012. The policy recognizes every person below 18 years in age as a child.
• The Dearness Allowance for the central government employees was hiked by 8 percent and raised to 80 percent from 72 percent.
• Muthoot Fincorp, which is actually a part of Muthoot Pappachan Group, announced launching 100 crore Rupees non-convertible debenture (NCB) issue.
21 April 2013
• Microsoft was declared as the most attractive employer of India, followed by HP and Google India, according to the survey by HR Company, Randstad.
• Government launched IBIN (India Backbone Implementation Network) for effective implantation of its core programmes and policies.
• The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) amended Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP).
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.