India this Week section is designed for helping those students who are preparing for the competitive exams as it will able to know about the recent happenings of the Nation. This section allows the students to get themselves abreast with the everyday happenings of the Country. What all is happening across the length and breadth of the country, you will know get to know through this section.
17 June 2013
• Government proposed sweeping changes in FDI regime to attract foreign investors based on the recommendations made by Arvind Mayaram Committee
• Four new Cabinet Ministers have been inducted in the Union Council of Ministers. Mallikarjun Kharge is the new Union Minister for Railways.
18 June 2013
• CBDT on 19 June 2013 announced that the Commodities Transaction Tax shall be levied on the non-farm products from 1 July 2013.
• The e-filing facility for RTI application has been extended to President and Vice-President’s secretariat as well as Foreign Ministry by Government.
19 June 2013
• SC quashed Videocon case against three Ugandan citizens and established that Rights mentioned in Article 21 is valid for foreign nationals also.
• Palatana Gas Based Power Project inaugurated by Pranab Mukherjee. Developed by ONGC this is the largest clean energy plants of the world.
20 June 2013
• Manjeet Singh bagged a Silver medal for India at the 3rd China Open boxing tournament .
• Bharti Airtel slashed the charges of data usage by 90 percent for the pre-paid subscribers in Punjab and Haryana.
21 June 2013
• The Retirement fund body Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) launched its e-Passbook service on 21 June 2013.
• Duty Drawback Rate of gold ornaments increased by 73 rupees per gram to 173.70 rupees per gram to boost jewellery exports.
22 June 2013
• SEBI notified guidelines for investment advisers as per which It is made compulsory to get requisite certifications for them to operate in stock market for them.
• The Union Government of India planned to introduce Visa-on-Arrival facilities for the Chinese nationals.
23 June 2013
• CCEA ondecided to extend the R-APDR for the 12th Five-Year Plan period in order to strengthen the distribution sector.
• Legal Activist Amrit Singh received the India abroad publisher’s special award for excellence 2012.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.