India This Week: 18 February-24 February 2013
India this Week is meant for those students who quickly want to get a glimpse of important headlines of the world...
India this Week is meant for those students who quickly want to get a glimpse of important headlines of the world. This section allows you to hurriedly read through the headlines which kept the world engaged. The important news stories throughout the week are mentioned here in brief.
18 February 2013
• Devanoor's Collection of Articles Edege Bidda Akshara released
• Persistent Systems appointed Mritunjay Singh as the joint Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the company.
19 February 2013
• Ela Bhatt Conferred 2011 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development Award
• Irrfan Khan was roped in by Dabur India to endorse its newly launched Babool Salt toothpaste.
• The former Union Minister and three times MP for Rajya Sabha, Radhakishan Malviya died at the age of 68
20 February 2013
• Retd. Justice Bhatt to Conduct Judicial Probe in Allahabad Railway Station Stampede
• Black Money Generated In India Would Exceed 10 Percent of GDP: NIPFP
• Proposal for setting up of North Karanpura Super Thermal Power Plant in Jharkhand was approved by the CCI.
• The Kerala Govt. approved Kerala Abkari Act Amendment Ordinance 2013, thus raising age limit for buying or selling liquor from 18 to 21.
21 February 2013
• T. S. Vijayan, the Former LIC Chief Took Over as the Chairman of IRDA
• Two bombs planted on cycles in Dilsukhnagar of Hyderabad exploded claiming lives of 14 people.
• Telecom Regulator Authority of India (TRAI) started the pre-consultation process for the country-wide mobile number portability services.
22 February 2013
• Two Blasts in Hyderabad claimed 14 Lives and left 119 Injured
• Ratan Tata Awarded the Life Time Achievement Award 2012 by Ernst & Young
• Guidelines for Licensing of New Banks in the Private Sector was released by Reserve Bank of India.
23 February 2013
• Silk Route Car Rally from Kolkata to Kunming organised by CII Flagged Off
• India's Sania Mirza and her American partner Bethanie-Mattek Sands won the Dubai Tennis Championship
24 February 2013
• CBI Registered Case against Airtel and Tata Communications for Violating DoT Norms