India this week specially meant for students, those who are preparing for different competitive exams. And it will help to understand the current affairs of India in a better way with daily events.
18 November 2013
• The Election Commission of India has allowed the launch of the first all women Bharatiya Mahila Bank in Mumbai.
• The Reserve Bank of India opened a 5000 crore rupees refinance window for MSME sector, for a period of one year to ease the liquidity.
19 November 2013
• Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson, Sonia Gandhi Jointly inaugurated India’s first all-women bank, Bharatiya Mahila Bank in Mumbai.
• RBI directed Public Sector Banks (PSBs) to provide loans to women self-help groups (SHGs) at 7 per cent per annum.
• The Government of India approved 20 proposals of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) amounting 915.83 crore rupees on the recommendation of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB).
20 November 2013
• The National Innovation Council (NInC) got approval of 75 percent of the 500 crore rupees initial corpus of the upcoming India Innovation Fund (IIIF).
• MCX signed a MoU with the Dalian Commodity Exchange (DCE) of China to boost the strategic co-operation.
• Hockey India appointed the former Olympic gold-medallist V Baskaran as Coach of the Senior Men Hockey Team.
21 November 2013
• Election Commission decided to use Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) on a large-scale for the first time in the country in the Mizoram Assembly polls.
• Cadila Pharmaceuticals launched a new lung cancer drug, Mycidac-C, which is priced 40000 rupees for 10 course injection.
• Mars Orbiter Mission has sent the first set of pictures of Earth.
22 November 2013
• The Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) on Telcom approved hiking by up to 25 per cent the reserve or start price for the auction of mobile phone spectrum in January 2014.
• Santosh Lad, Minister for Information and Infra Development resigned from the State Government owing to the charges of illegal mining.
• Five new Information Commissioners are appointed to the Central Information Commission (CIC).
23 November 2013
• The National Lok Adalat organised throughout the country settled a record 28.26 lakh cases pending in various courts.
• India successfully test-fired its nuclear-capable Dhanush ballistic missile from a naval ship off Odisha coast.
24 November 2013
• India welcomed the Iran Nuclear deal with P5+1 group of nations to curb Iran’s nuclear activities.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.