India this week specially meant for students, those who are preparing for various competitive exams. And it will help to understand the current affairs of India in a better way with daily events with up to date information.
2 December 2013
• Department of Posts has launched an Express Parcel service and Business Parcel Services for speedy delivery of parcels across the country.
• India cricket team has retained its top position in the latest ICC ODI rankings and second position in the ICC Test cricket rankings.
3 December 2013
• Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh has dedicated the GAIL India Ltd's 1000 km Dabhol-Bangalore natural gas pipeline to the Nation.
• The 8th Asia Gas Partnership Summit (AGPS) was held from 3 to 4 December 2013 at New Delhi.
• India was ranked 94th on Global Corruption Perception Index 2013, which was released by Transparency International.
• India successfully test fired its surface to surface ballistic missile Prithvi-ll from Chandipur in the Balesore District of Odisha.
4 December 2013
• India's Current Account Deficit narrowed sharply to 5.2 billion dollars or 1.2 percent of GDP in the July-September quarter of 2013-14.
• The Union Government rejected the demand for introduction of Inner Line Permit (ILP) system in Meghalaya.
5 December 2013
• The Union Cabinet has approved the Telangana Draft Bill 2013 for the creation of a 10-district Telangana state from the present Andhra Pradesh state.
• The Supreme Court of India favoured punishment of life imprisonment to people indulging in production and marketing of adulterated milk.
6 December 2013
• Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act 2013 came into force on 6 December 2013 across India except Jammu and Kashmir.
• The Government of India modified the FDI policy allowing unlisted companies to directly list on stock exchanges abroad.
• A Union Ministerial panel has recommended a bailout of 7200 crore rupees to sugar mills. The loan will be provided to pay off the arrears of cane growers.
• The Junior Hockey world Cup is scheduled from 6-15 December in New Delhi, India. A total of 16 teams are participating in this tournament.
7 December 2013
• Armed Forces Flag Day was observed across India on 7 December 2013.
8 December 2013
• Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has won the state assembly election in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh.
• In Delhi assembly elections BJP emerged as the largest party and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in its debut emerged as the second largest party pushing the ruling party Congress as the third party.