India this Week section facilitates the students in grasping the news stories of the India in a prompt way. This section comes in a form of rapid headlines which allow the students in understanding about the current affairs swiftly. India this Week enables the students to get hold of the basic headlines of the world. Any student who wishes to revise his/her syllabus with just the important headlines of the India can go through this section.
22 April 2013
• Union Cabinet of India gave its approval to the proposal of the Indian Railways for permitting use of its land for metro networks.
• Assam Right to Public Service Act 2012 was implemented by Assam to bring in transparency and accountability in the key areas of governance.
• Rajasthan Govt. launched 5170 Bharat Nirman Rajeev Gandhi Seva Kendras to provide facilities like land record & mini bank to people across state.
23 April 2013
• 27th CJI, JS Verma died due to multiple organ failure at New Delhi. He was Chairman of JS Verma Committee that recommended anti-rape law to the government.
• Narendra Kumar took over as the Managing Director of Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL).IGL is the supplier of PNG and CNG in Delhi and NCR.
• CCI approved 13 power projects that include hydro, thermal & transmission projects.
• Legendary singer Shamshad Begum died in Mumbai due to illness. She was 94 years of age.
• Narasimhan Ravi, the former Editor of The Hindu was unanimously elected as the president of Editors Guild of India in New Delhi.
24 April 2013
• Competition Commission of India (CCI) penalised 19 business entities for anti-competitive practices collectively for around 8000 crore Rupees.
• Bharti Airtel and Reliance Jio Infocom signed an agreement for International Bandwidth.
• The Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC) under the Chairmanship of C Rangarajan presented the Economic review 2012-13.
• The Union Minister for Commerce, Industry and Textiles, Anand Sharma launched 21 New Textile Parks approved under SITP.
25 April 2013
• Union Finance Minister P.Chidambaram launched medi claim facility for the farmers holding Kisan Credit Cards (KCC) issued by Dena Bank.
• Supreme Court demanded affidavits on police reforms from the Chief Secretaries of six states and constitution of State Security Commissions.
• The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation proposed to launch the National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM) in its 12th Five-Year Plan.
• Trinamool Congress MP Ambica Banerjee passed away in Kolkata. He was 86 years of age.
26 April 2013
• High Court of Delhi sought Union Government’s response on how Children below age of 18 years had their accounts on Social Networking Sites.
• The Indian Railways reduced the advanced booking period of the tickets from four months duration to two months, with effect from 1 May 2013.
• Aurobindo Pharma announced that it received an approval from USFDA for generic Cefadroxil oral suspension.
27 April 2013
• Sarabjit Singh assaulted and brutally beaten up in Kot Lakhpat Jail of Pakistan. He went under Coma and is put on Ventilator support.
• IAWRT conferred lifetime achievement award on Jai Chandiram, the first Asian President of Association and former deputy director of Doordarshan.
• Madhya Pradesh’s Tikamgarh district was connected with rail under Lalitpur-Singrauli Rail Project announced in 2012-13, Rail Budget.
• Gallantry and Distinguished Service Awards conferred by the President of India to Armed Forces of India at Rastrapati Bhawan
28 April 2013
• Book entitled Leaf Turns Yellow: the Sufis of Awadh was released by the Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari at New Delhi.
• A proposal of opening an International School of Music in the Kerela was approved by the state Government.
• Yash Chopra and Rajesh Khanna selected for 13th Dada Saheb Phalke Academy Awards to be conferred on 30 April 2013.
• Sailendra Nath Roy, an Indian Guinness World Record holder died during the stunt.