India This Week: 23 December-29 December 2013
India this Week section presents the important current affairs of the week...
India this Week section presents the important current affairs of the week which will help the students in getting themselves update with the latest happening in India in an easier manner. The section provides the important headlines of the week which will aid the students in effectively revising the current affairs just prior to giving an exam.
23 December 2013
• The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways cleared quadricycle as a new category of vehicle.
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) launched an inflation indexed saving bonds. The indexed savings bonds offer protection to retail investors from price rise.
• The renowned Kannada, Rashtrakavi G. S. Shivarudrappa, poet died in Bangalore. He was 87.
24 December 2013
• The Union Government launched e-inclusion project to make people e-literate. The project is an initiative to make at least one individual in every household e-literate.
• Marpadi Veerappa Moily , the petroleum and natural gas Minister took an additional charge of the Environment and Forests Ministry after the exit of Jayanthi Natarajan.
• Sidharth Birla, Chairman of Xpro India Limited took charge as the President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
25 December 2013
• Deepika Kumari wins her sixth consecutive title at the 34th National Archery Championships at JRD Tata Stadium of PSPB, Jamshedpur.
• The Government of India decides to place the legal wing of CBI under the command of the CBI Director, making his word final in investigations. Earlier, the legal wing of the agency reported to the Law Ministry.
26 December 2013
• The Centre approved the proposal to set up National Cancer Institute at the Jhajjar campus of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Haryana.
• The Union Cabinet approved the constitutional status to a proposed Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) for appointment and transfer of judges to the higher judiciary.
• Arvind Ranjan appointed the full time chief of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
• Microsoft India introduced Guardian, a new safety application that enables friends and family of Windows phone users to track them in real time in Hyderabad.
27 December 2013
• Airports Authority of India (AAI) received TRAINAIR PLUS accreditation certificate and membership plaque by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).
• J.N.Chaudhary appointed New Head of National Security Guards (NSG).
28 December 2013
• Veteran Bollywood actor Farooq Sheikh died due to heart attack in Dubai. He was 65.
• National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO), a public sector undertaking recieves Excellent Memorandum of Understanding score of 1.5 by the Department of Public Enterprises for its outstanding performance in 2012-13.
• P Pradeep Kumar appointed as the Managing Director (Corporate Banking) of State Bank of India (SBI), the biggest lender of the country.
• Energy major, the Oil India Limited (OIL) signed an agreement with the Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA) to carry out a feasibility study on dairy production in two districts of Assam.