India this week covers the important events that happened in the India in the form of headlines to enable candidates to quickly revise and remember the important events prior to giving any exam.
24 February 2014
• Union Government sets up National Centre for Good Governance.
• National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) announces to form a new concept called Joint Liability Group (JLG).
25 February 2014
• Supreme Court refers the petition seeking legalization of euthanasia to a five-judge Constitution Bench.
• The Airports Economic Regulatory Authority (AERA) abolishes the user development fee at the Hyderabad airport.
26 February 2014
• Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Gulam Nabi Azad inaugurates the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), Bhubaneswar.
• The largest 130-MW Solar Power Plant of India launched at Bhagwanpur in Neemuch, Madhya Pradesh.
• Union Ministry of Environment & Forest approves field trials for Genetically Modified (GM) crops rice, wheat, cotton and maize.
27 February 2014
• Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways (RT&H) R. Ramalinga Reddy inaugurates an electric passenger bus in Bangalore. This bus is a first of its kind in India and has zero emission level.
• Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs notifies new Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) rules for companies. The new CSR rules will become effective from 1 April 2014.
• Union Home Ministry constitutes G K Pillay Committee to study and examine the demand of a separate Bodoland state.
28 February 2014
• Chandi Prasad Bhatt, the noted Gandhian environmentalist and social activist selected for the Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2013.
• Union Cabinet approves the Mission document on the National Mission for sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem (NMSHE).
• National Science Day observed across India to mark the discovery of the Raman Effect by Indian physicist CV Raman.
• Union Cabinet approves a new rail coach manufacturing unit in Kolar
1 March 2014
• National Food Security Act came into force in Madhya Pradesh
2 March 2014
• President Rule imposed in Andhra Pradesh
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.