Under India this week section students will come across various happenings in India throughout the week. By reading this, the students will be able to know about the different events of the week, which in turn will help them prepare for the competitive exams.
24 June 2013
• The Union Health Ministry launched the ambitious schemes called Free Drug Service and Free Diagnostics Service.
• The Retirement fund body Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) launched its e-Passbook service.
• India clinched the ICC Champions Trophy 2013 against England at Edgbaston in Birmingham with a five-run victory.
25 June 2013
• The government on 25 June 2013 floated a draft Bill demanding setting up of 12 river basin authorities in the country.
• After victory in ICC Champions Trophy 2013, India maintained the top most position in ICC ODI rankings with 123 points.
26 June 2013
• The Union government banned three major medicines— anti-diabetes drug pioglitazone, painkiller analgin and anti-depressant deanxit.
• Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi flagged off first train which connects Banihal in Jammu with Qazigund in Kashmir.
27 June 2013
• The Union government almost doubled the price at which natural gas is supposed to be sold to producers of power, fertilizer, minerals and steel.
• Rajasthan launched a unique scheme called Mukhyamantri Bijli Bachat Lamp Yojna for energy conservation.
28 June 2013
• CCEA cleared the scheme to establish Laboratories for Managing Epidemics and Natural Calamities.
• The I&B ministry has cancelled licence of 15 channels and suspended the license of 7 others for 30 days as they fail to abide by with licensing conditions.
29 June 2013
• The Ministry of External Affairs and Nalanda University signed a headquarter agreement.
• The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of a Coal Regulatory Authority meant to address controversial issues like supply and quality.
30 June 2013
• Actor and DMDK chief Vijayakanth suspended seven of his party MLAs for voting for AIADMK nominees in the June 27 Rajya Sabha elections.
• AP announced 50 cr Rupees for Uttarakhand relief works and infrastructure.