India This Week: 25 March-31 March 2013
India this week is a special section that will help you in getting an insight of the overall happenings of the events in India...
India this week is a special section that will help you in getting an insight of the overall happenings of the events in India. This section will enable students in understanding about the major incidences and happenings that kept everyone engrossed. By reading the India This Week section, students can easily and quickly grasp the happenings at the national level.
25 March 2013
• Union government approved a 1500 crore Rupees proposal for production of more than 2000 rockets for the Pinaka multi- barrel weapons system.
• The Union government decided to introduce a National Policy on Drug Abuse and has formed an expert committee to suggest guidelines for it.
• The CCI was nominated for the Global Competition Review (GCR) Awards 2013 in the category Agency of the Year-Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa.
26 March 2013
• Income Tax department served a 2000 crore notice Rupees on Nokia for suspected evasion of taxes in its business transactions in the country.
• Educomp Solutions Ltd, announced completion of the sale of its entire 50% stake in Eurokids International
• Commercial production of oil and gas started at Aishwarya Oil Field in Barmer, Rajasthan. It was inaugrated by Veerappa Moily and Ashok Gehlot.
27 March 2013
• SPMCIL signed the growth-oriented MoU with the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance on 25 March 2013.
• India’s international financial liabilities increased by 10.5 billion Dollars to 723.9 billion Dollars as at end- of December 2012 as per the RBI Report.
28 March 2013
• The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) have made the norms stricter for reinsurers.
• Vineet Jain of Times Group was conferred with the Contribution to News Television Award 2013 at the Sixth News Television Awards in New Delhi.
29 March 2013
• The 2nd National Photo Awards for the year 2011-2012 were given away at New Delhi.
• The Union Government decided to set up 2000 telecom towers in tribal areas with a cost of around 3000 crore Rupees.
30 March 2013
• Rajan Bharti Mittal appointed as the President of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) India.
• The production of eight core sector industries decreased by 2.5 percent in the month of February 2013, for the first time in 2012-13 financial year.
31 March 2013
• Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, re-inducted into the Central Parliamentary Board, top decision-making body of BJP.
• M F Farooqui took over charge as the secretary of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT).