Under the India this Week section, students preparing for the competitive exams will be able to know about the recent happenings of the Nation. This section allows the students preparing for the competitive exams to get abreast with the everyday happenings of the Country. What all is happening across the length and breadth of the country, you will know through this section.
27 May 2013
• Union Defence Minister AK Antony dedicated to the nation the New Air Force Station at Thanjavur at a brief function held to mark the occasion
• External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid ended his four-day visit to Saudi Arabia.
• The Union Cabinet of India gave clearance to Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) to roll out its mobile network in the Naxal-affected areas.
28 May 2013
• BJP expelled senior lawyer and MP Ram Jethmalani from the primary membership of party for six years over breach of discipline.
• The Ministry of Women and Child Development appointed Kushal Singh as the Chairperson of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR).
• Manoj Das, the Noted Oriya writer was presented the NTR National Literary Award.
29 May 2013
• 44 Years old Ang Dami Sherpa from Nepal won the Everest Marathon in women’s category of Year 2013.
• A Group of Ministers approved the Coal Regulatory Authority Bill which seeks to set up independent regulatory authority for the coal sector.
• The Union government notified Cauvery Water Scheme, 2013 to implement the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award
30 May 2013
• Rituparno Ghosh, the renowned Bengali film maker died of cardiac arrest at his south Kolkata residence.
• Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, N C Menon, Vineet Nayar and Ronnie Screwvala figured in 2013 year list of Asia-Pacific's most remarkable givers.
• Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on 30 May 2013 was elected to the Rajya Sabha for the fifth time from Assam.
31 May 2013
• The HRD Ministry decided to set up a seven member Task Force NTA under the Chairmanship of Sanjay Dhande.
• The IAF’s premier Academy located at Dundigal, Hyderabad inducted basic trainer aircraft Pilatus PC 7 MKII.
1 June 2013
• Indian-American Arvind Mahankali, after years of close calls, won the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
• Planning Commission approved 8000-cr Rupees Project Ananta for AP
2 June 2013
• Union government approved the National Oil Spill Contingency Plan (NOSDCP) in order to lessen the effect of oil spills on land and in marine areas.
• The Ministry of Human Resource Development launched a Special Scholarship Scheme for J&K students
• The Union government of India increased the import tariff value of gold to 459 dollars per 10 grams
• The RBI (Reserve Bank of India) increased the validity period of setting up of banks from one year to 18 months.