India This Week: 28 January-3 February 2013
India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country...
India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country. For a better understanding and for quick brushing up of your knowledge of current affairs happening in India for the week, refer to this category in Jagran Josh.com.
28 January 2013
• India celebrated its 64th Republic Day; Showcased Military Prowess and Cultural Heritage
• Sreeramamurthy Janaki Refused to Accept Padma Bhushan on R-Day
• Shah Rukh Khan Ranked First in Inaugural Forbes India Celebrity 100 List
• Mumbai won its 40th Ranji trophy at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on 28 Jan 2013 defeating Saurashtra
29 January 2013
• The Centre resolved the Issue of CST Compensation with the States
• Reserve Bank of India slashed Repo Rate to 7.75 Percent and CRR to 4 Percent
• Rajasthan HC stayed State’s Decision for Giving 4% Additional Reservation to Gurjar
30 January 2013
• Shah Rukh Khan Attempted to End Controversy over His Article on Being a Muslim in India
• Expert committee under Sam Pitroda Constituted to review Working of Prasar Bharti
31 January 2013
• Madras High Court Upheld Ban on Vishwaroopam in Tamil Nadu
• P.R. Vasudeva Rao became the Director of the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) succeeding S.C Chetal.
1 February 2013
• India dropped nine places to 140th rank in the list of 179 countries in the latest World Press Freedom Index 2013
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the captain of the Indian cricket team was appointed as the vice-president of India Cements.
• Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda launched the Direct Benefits Transfer scheme in Sonepat and Ambala districts.
• Shanu Lahiri, the renowned painter of Bengal School died following a brief illness at Kolkata hospital.
2 February 2013
• Report: India accounts to 86 percent Oral Cancer Figure across the World
• The Union Government of India gave the Maharatna status to two PSUs- BHEL and GAIL
3 February 2013
• The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee agreed to the Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance, 2013 for sharpening the laws against sexual assault.
• Thirty Indian software product companies joined hands to form their own new association called iSpirt, marking a break-up with the IT industry body NASSCOM.