India This Week: 29 April-5 May 2013
India this week is a special section that allows a peep into latest happening of the nation...
India this week is a special section that allows a peep into latest happening of the nation. This section facilitates students in understanding about the major headlines that kept everyone engrossed. By reading the India This Week section, students can easily and quickly grasp the happenings at the international level.
29 April 2013
• The Union government had set up a six-member inter-ministerial committee to suggest measures for enhancing MSME exports.
• Goa Government launched a digital Krishi Card to help farmers in making use of benefits such as subsidies and loans given by the State Government.
• Haryana government raised the cooking cost given under Mid Day Meal Scheme to all primary and upper primary schools in Haryana by 7.5 per cent.
30 April 2013
• Bharti Airtel Introduced Flat Roaming Rates for its African Customers in order to strengthen its One Airtel, service.
• The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the 14 mega watt Solar Power project at Deoghar in Jharkhand .
• Hamid Ansari, the Vice President of India released a book titled An Ardent Patriot – Dinesh Goswami, compiled by Kumar Deepak Das.
1 May 2013
• The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) approved 11000 crore Rupees project for modernisation of central paramilitary forces.
• The Union Cabinet of India approved the launch of the National Urban Health Mission
• The Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari released a book entitled Fida-e-Lucknow -Tales of the city and its people
• The Supreme Court of India 1 May 2013 upheld the constitutional validity of 51 percent FDI in the multi-brand retail sector.
2 May 2013
• Ramsar Convention appointed Dr. Christopher Briggs as its new Secretary General. He succeeded Tiéga Anada.
• Sarabjit Singh, the Indian national and a death row prisoner in the Lahore’s Kot Lakhpat Jail died at the Lahore's Jinnah hospital.
• Haryana announced an increase in rate of dearness allowance (DA) to its employees from 72 percent at present to 80 percent.
• Union Government had launched its four-week special immunisation programme in high-risk areas across the country.
3 May 2013
• Union Government on 2 May 2013 had launched its four-week special immunisation programme in high-risk areas across the country.
• Subhash Kumar took over the office of Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand for second time.
• A book on Bhagat Singh by Chamanlal titled Understanding Bhagat Singh was released at JNU Auditorium in New Delhi.
4 May 2013
• Andhra Pradesh set up the State Security Commission under the chairmanship of the state Home Minister.
• The Union Minister of Tourism announced major initiative for tourism promotion in Kashmir Valley, in the form of Kashmir Festival 2013.
• The Environment Ministry of India decided to put a ban on the trade of peacock feathers as a measure to conserve the national bird of India- peacock.
5 May 2013
• The President of India Pranab Mukherjee launched the Bichitra Tagore Variorum Website.
• Tamil Nadu government decided to set up a property tax board in order to enable an independent and transparent process to assess the property tax.
• The Supreme Court of India directed that the Kudankulam nuclear plant situated in Tamil Nadu could start its operations now.