India This Week: 3 June-9 June 2013
The Students who need to get a quick recap of the national news stories and current affairs over the week can refer to this section.
The Students who need to get a quick recap of the national news stories and current affairs over the week can refer to this section. By reading this section, the students can easily find out the important stories of the national importance over the week. This section allows the students in getting a quick look at the stories of the national importance.
3 June 2013
• Union government approved the National Oil Spill Contingency Plan (NOSDCP) in order to lessen the effect of oil spills on land and in marine areas.
• The Ministry of Human Resource Development on 2 June 2013 launched a Special Scholarship Scheme for J&K students.
• Ministry of Transport and Highways has proposed a variety of changes in the toll rules so as to make highways safe and to protect the interest of commuters.
• The Union government issued guidelines defining clearly the concept of Group Company in the foreign direct investment (FDI) policy.
4 June 2013
• CIC held that political parties are answerable to citizens under the Right to Information Act (RTI Act).
• ECoR suspended the night movement of trains in the 450 kilometer long K-K line in wake up of intelligence report about Janapituri Week of Maoists.
• Union Cabinet approved the finance ministry's proposal of a non-binding conciliation in 14000-crore Rupees Vodafone's tax dispute case.
5 June 2013
• The Union Cabinet of India approved the extension of the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) to others.
• The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved allowing 260 CPSE to start wage negotiation with the employees.
• By-election results of ten states were declared; BJP won all the six seats in Gujarat, whereas JD-U lost the Maharajganj seat to RJD in Bihar.
6 June 2013
• Union government reconstituted the National Advisory Council by including prominent sociologist Virginius Xaxa into the 12-member panel chaired by Sonia Gandhi.
• Indian Banks' Association (IBA) announced that K R Kamath was re-elected as the Chairman of IBA for 2013-14 tenure.
7 June 2013
• Standing Council of Experts to access global competitiveness of Indian Financial Sector Constituted by the Union Government of India.
• Import duty on gold was hiked from 6 percent to 8 percent by the Government of India with an aim of curbing the import of gold in the country.
8 June 2013
• Union Government decided to launch National Higher education Campaign, Rashtriya Ucchatar Shiksha Abhiyan.
• The Ministry of Finance has introduced new rules for sending Income Tax officers to newly created overseas units similar to in the US and the UK.
9 June 2013
• Union government of India set up a National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) to meet the growing need for skilled work force.
• The rupee fell by a whopping 71 paise to hit a new life-time low of 57 rupees 77 paise against Dollar.