India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country. For a better grasp of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.com.
4 February 2013
• Solicitor-General of India, Rohinton F Nariman resigned from his office.
• I&B Ministry on 4 Feb 2013 constituted a panel to Examine issues of Certification under Cinematograph Act 1952.
• ICICI Bank, the largest private sector bank of India partnered with Aircel to announce the launch of their mobile banking service called Mobile Money.
5 February 2013
• CCEA approved price pooling mechanism of coal on and EGoM gave its nod for disinvestment of 9.5 percent stakes of NTPC.
• SC directed Government to notify Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal Award
• Manjushree Khaitan, the youngest daughter of Birla group took over as vice-chairman of the BK Birla flagship, Kesoram Industries.
6 February 2013
• I&B Ministry Constituted Expert Committee to Review Functioning of Prasar Bharti
• Mukund Govind Rajan was appointed as the group spokesperson and brand custodian of TATA Group.
• Union Cabinet of India gave approval to DRDO for developing an indigenous Airborne Early Warning and Control System for IAF.
7 February 2013
• Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram launched in Thane, Maharashtra
• Supreme Court of India in its decision asked SEBI to freeze the accounts of the two companies of Sahara group.
8 February 2013
• Union Cabinet of India gave its nod to decrease head counts in areas covered under PMGSY
• Supreme Court of India Directed Karnataka to Release 2.44 tmc Cauvery Water to TN
9 February 2013
• I&B Ministry launched MyIndia Initiative-A Digital Volunteer Programme to reach Citizens
10 February 2013
• Ministry of Civil Aviation launched Monthly Bi-lingual Shubh Yatra Magazine
• Finance Minister P Chidambaram launched Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme in Mumbai
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.