India This Week: 4 February-10 February 2013
India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country...
India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country. For a better grasp of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.com.
4 February 2013
• Solicitor-General of India, Rohinton F Nariman resigned from his office.
• I&B Ministry on 4 Feb 2013 constituted a panel to Examine issues of Certification under Cinematograph Act 1952.
• ICICI Bank, the largest private sector bank of India partnered with Aircel to announce the launch of their mobile banking service called Mobile Money.
5 February 2013
• CCEA approved price pooling mechanism of coal on and EGoM gave its nod for disinvestment of 9.5 percent stakes of NTPC.
• SC directed Government to notify Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal Award
• Manjushree Khaitan, the youngest daughter of Birla group took over as vice-chairman of the BK Birla flagship, Kesoram Industries.
6 February 2013
• I&B Ministry Constituted Expert Committee to Review Functioning of Prasar Bharti
• Mukund Govind Rajan was appointed as the group spokesperson and brand custodian of TATA Group.
• Union Cabinet of India gave approval to DRDO for developing an indigenous Airborne Early Warning and Control System for IAF.
7 February 2013
• Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram launched in Thane, Maharashtra
• Supreme Court of India in its decision asked SEBI to freeze the accounts of the two companies of Sahara group.
8 February 2013
• Union Cabinet of India gave its nod to decrease head counts in areas covered under PMGSY
• Supreme Court of India Directed Karnataka to Release 2.44 tmc Cauvery Water to TN
9 February 2013
• I&B Ministry launched MyIndia Initiative-A Digital Volunteer Programme to reach Citizens
10 February 2013
• Ministry of Civil Aviation launched Monthly Bi-lingual Shubh Yatra Magazine
• Finance Minister P Chidambaram launched Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme in Mumbai