India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country. For a better grasp of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.com.
4 March 2013
• SK Varma, the former news editor of The Indian Express died in New Delhi following a cardiac arrest
• Mukesh Ambani retained his title as the richest person of India for the sixth consecutive year with the net worth of 21.5 billion US Dollars.
• Microsoft, the Software giant launched new version of Office 365 for the businesses running in India
• President of India, Pranab Mukherjee conferred with the Liberation War Honour Award by the President of Bangladesh, Zillur Rahman.
5 March 2013
• Cadbury India Ltd, was slapped with a 250 crore Rupees notice by the Directorate General of Central Excise Intelligence on the grounds of excise duty evasion
• The Foreign Investment Promotion Board on 6 March 2013 cleared the investment proposal of AirAsia to launch the new airline in India
• Mukul Manda Sangma of Congress was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Meghalaya for the second term. He took oath as 26th CM of the state.
• Neiphiu Rio 63, of Naga People’s Front (NPF) was sworn in as Chief Minister of Nagaland for the third straight term along with 11 ministers by the Governor Nikhil Kumar at the Raj Bhavan in Kohima.
6 March 2013
• The Parliamentary Award Committee selected Arun Jaitley, Karan Singh and Sharad Yadav for Outstanding Parliamentarian Award for 2010, 2011 and 2012 resp.
• At the ABP News-IPSOS Best City Survey and Awards 2013 event in New Delhi , Nagpur won the award for most liveable Indian city
7 March 2013
• India’s Deborah won a Bronze medal in the final of women's juniors of 500m cycle event in Asian Cycling Championship in New Delhi.
• The GoM approved export of additional 5 million tonnes of wheat from FCI. Private Exporters are only permitted to export the additional quantity of Wheat
• Ministry for Information & Broadcasting constituted a committee to check sexual harassment allegations made by the news presenters at FM Gold AIR.
8 March 2013
• The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee released the Commemorative Postage Stamp on Sahir Ludhianvi at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
• Blackberry India Managing Director Sunil Dutt, who joined the company in December 2011, resigned from the company.
• The World Bank barred Larsen & Toubro (L&T) from doing any business with it or the projects funded by it for a period of six months
9 March 2013
• 86 years old Former West Bengal Governor and industrialist Viren J Shah died in Jordan after a heart attack
• Former CBI Director, Ashwani Kumar appointed as Governor of Nagaland
• C J George the Managing Director of Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services Ltd, elected chairman, CII Kerala State Council for 2013-14
10 March 2013
• The country's top four financial regulators signed an agreement among each other for co-operation on consolidated supervision and monitoring of financial groups
• The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) cleared Flexible Use of Airspace (FUA) by civil and military users, which was unsettled for last few years.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.