India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country. For a better grasp of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.com.
6 May 2013
• Union Cabinet approved Changes to Aajeevika, the National Rural Livelihoods Mission
• Government has constituted an inter-ministerial group to suggest ways to tackle fraudulent money pooling activities by Ponzi Schemes.
7 May 2013
• A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Commission for Women (NCW) and HUDCO on 7 May 2013 in New Delhi.
8 May 2013
• National Cyber Security Policy was approved by the Union Government which will help in creation of Secured Computing environment in India.
• Tribal Forest Dwellers Empowerment Scheme was launched by the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs & Panchayati Raj.
9 May 2013
• The Supreme Court dismissed a PIL challenging 8.5 billion US Dollars Cairn-Vedanta deal and its validity.
• Ministry for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution introduced amendments in the National Food Security Bill in the Lok Sabha
10 May 2013
• The Minister for Women & Child Development, Krishna Tirath launched the World Bank assisted ISSNIP.
• The Union Government of India approved the policy development of aviation hubs in India.
• The Cabinet Committee on Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) approved the cost estimates of Phase IV of the UID Scheme.
11 May 2013
• Amendments in the Parl. (Prevention of Disqualification) Act, 1959 was approved by introducing Parl. (Prevention of Disqualification) Amendment Bill, 2013.
• The decision to declare the year 2013 as Water Conservation Year 2013 was approved by the Union Cabinet of India.
12 May 2013
• Monetary assistance under under the Indira Awas Yojana has been hiked by 25000 rupees by the Union Government following the agreement signed in Agra.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.