India This Week: 6 May-12 May 2013
India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country...
India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country. For a better grasp of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.com.
6 May 2013
• Union Cabinet approved Changes to Aajeevika, the National Rural Livelihoods Mission
• Government has constituted an inter-ministerial group to suggest ways to tackle fraudulent money pooling activities by Ponzi Schemes.
7 May 2013
• A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Commission for Women (NCW) and HUDCO on 7 May 2013 in New Delhi.
8 May 2013
• National Cyber Security Policy was approved by the Union Government which will help in creation of Secured Computing environment in India.
• Tribal Forest Dwellers Empowerment Scheme was launched by the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs & Panchayati Raj.
9 May 2013
• The Supreme Court dismissed a PIL challenging 8.5 billion US Dollars Cairn-Vedanta deal and its validity.
• Ministry for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution introduced amendments in the National Food Security Bill in the Lok Sabha
10 May 2013
• The Minister for Women & Child Development, Krishna Tirath launched the World Bank assisted ISSNIP.
• The Union Government of India approved the policy development of aviation hubs in India.
• The Cabinet Committee on Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) approved the cost estimates of Phase IV of the UID Scheme.
11 May 2013
• Amendments in the Parl. (Prevention of Disqualification) Act, 1959 was approved by introducing Parl. (Prevention of Disqualification) Amendment Bill, 2013.
• The decision to declare the year 2013 as Water Conservation Year 2013 was approved by the Union Cabinet of India.
12 May 2013
• Monetary assistance under under the Indira Awas Yojana has been hiked by 25000 rupees by the Union Government following the agreement signed in Agra.