India This Week: 8 April-14 April 2013
India This week section is a special section dedicated for those Students who are preparing for the competitive exams...
India This week section is a special section dedicated for those Students who are preparing for the competitive exams. They can take help from this section in order to understand about the happenings in India in a better way. India this Week section enables the students to sneak a look into the national headlines. It helps you in promptly knowing about the important happenings from round the corner. Read this section in order to better analyse the happenings in India.
8 April 2013
• The official online portal of INTRA-IPS was launched by S. Jayaraman (Special Secretary-Internal Security), MHA at New Delhi.
• Planning Commission finalized a plan of 17000 crore rupees for Kerala Plan 2013-14. The allocation made is 21 percent more than the previous allocation.
• The Minister for New & Renewable Energy inaugurated the National Workshop on Grid Integration of Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Efficiency.
9 April 2013
• Yamaha Motor, announced setting up of its fifth global research and development (R & D) headquarter in Surajpur, Uttar Pradesh.
• The High Court of Delhi in its judgment asked the Union Government of India to Constitute Regulatory Body to Control Electronic Media.
• NTPC Ltd was conferred with the Business Leader in the Power Sector at the NDTV Business Leadership Awards in New Delhi.
• The Madhya Pradesh government decided to declare Malkhamb as the State Sport.
10 April 2013
• Tata Consultancy Services, the leading IT Company announced that it signed definitive agreements for the acquisition of Alti SA.
• Planning Commission of India finalized a plan of 30314 crore rupees for West Bengal Plan 2013-14. State reported positive growth in 2012-13 plan.
• Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri and Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde were appointed as the Judges of the Supreme Court of India by the President
11 April 2013
• DG Indian Coast Guard Vice Admiral Anurag G Thapliyal commissioned Indian Coast Guard Ship H-191 that is capable of surveillance and other multi-furious tasks.
• Supreme Court restrained Bharti Airtel from providing 3G roaming services to new customers in non-licensed seven circles.
• Planning Commission finalized a plan of 4100 crore rupees for Himachal Pradesh Plan 2013-14. Social service sector is the first priority in 12th Plan.
• National Safe Motherhood day was observed across India
12 April 2013
• The Food Corporation of India (FCI) raised 5000 crore Rupees by issuing taxable bonds backed by Government of India Guarantee.
• A scheme named Amma Hastham was launched by the State Government of Andhra Pradesh to offer essential food items to poor at subsidized rates.
• Vice President Hamid Ansari was handed over an open letter on Global Leaders for Tourism Campaign by Sec. General of UNWTO.
• Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2012 was given to the veteran Bollywood actor and villain of the millennium, Pran
13 April 2013
• GPS-GIS based Central Emergency Response System, Dial 100 was launched by Kiran Kumar Reddy, the Chief Minister of AP in the State.
• In the 27th edition of North-East Games played at Imphal, the host state- Manipur claimed the title of overall team champion.
• Indian women won the Bangladesh Women Tour to India 2012/13 ODI cricket series against Bangladesh Women by 3-0.
14 April 2013
• Industrialist R.P. Goenka passed away at his residence at the age of 83.
• The Government approved the project for creation of National Optical Fibre Network connecting all the 250000 Gram Panchayats.
• Sharad Yadav was unanimously re-elected as the national President of Janata Dal (United) for third time in a row.