India this Week section facilitates the students in grasping the news stories of the India in a prompt way. This section comes in a form of rapid headlines which allow the students in understanding about the current affairs swiftly. India this Week enables the students to get hold of the basic headlines of the world. Any student who wishes to revise his/her syllabus with just the important headlines of the India can go through this section.
8 July 2013
• Government announced a 20 per cent cut in Haj quota, putting the entire burden to be borne by private tour operators.
• The Union Government in July 2013 hiked the import duty on sugar to 15 per cent from the present 10 per cent to restrain cheaper inflow of the sweetener.
9 July 2013
• The Supreme Court of India on 9 July 2013 directed the Union Government of India to formulate a policy to regulate/ban Retail Sale of Acid across the country.
• The Union government announced disbanding of DRDA the body which looks after implementation of anti-poverty programmes of Rural Development Ministry.
10 July 2013
• The Union government 2013 approved a proposal to replace DGCA with a new aviation regulator with full operational and financial autonomy.
• SC in its landmark Judgement barred people in Jail or Police Custody from contesting elections. This will help to clean the Parliament and State Assemblies.
11 July 2013
• The Union Cabinet gave in-principle approval to withdraw the controversial Rent Act of 1958.
• The Union Cabinet of India gave its approval to the proposal for setting up of a NAU.
• The Union Cabinet of India on 11 July 2013 approved the proposal for setting up Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University.
12 July 2013
• Indian Parsi conductor of western classical music Zubin Mehta to be honoured with Tagore Award 2013.
• Pran, the legendary actor died. He was a proud recipient of Dada Saheb Phalke Award and Padma Bhushan Award.
13 July 2013
• Website on NCC launched by Defence Ministry. The website is designed to provide information about NCC and will acts as an information data bank of its Cadets.
• Government announced that the government would provide free pre-natal health care and ambulance facilities.
14 July 2013
• Sula Vineyard, which is the largest wine producer of India, decided to make its mark in the wine market of Sikkim.
• National Stock Exchange (NSE) has regained its position as the world’s largest bourse in terms of volume in equity trade.