Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice in July 2017 announced that the 5th Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS), one of the world’s largest conferences on Cyber Space and related issues, will be hosted by India.
The Conference will take place on 23 and 24 November 2017 in New Delhi.
The 5th Global Conference on Cyber Space will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi.
It is the first time ever that the Global Conference on Cyber Space is taking place outside Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) nations.
• The theme for the Global Conference on Cyber Space 2017 is Cyber4All: An Inclusive, Sustainable, Developmental, Safe and Secure Cyberspace. The theme for this conference reflects the changing architecture of India in the Digital space.
• To be held in India for the first time, the two-day conference will see participation of around 2000 delegates from senior Government officials, industry leaders, academia and civil society from over 100 countries.
• The Conference will congregate and deliberate on issues relating to promotion of cooperation in cyberspace, norms for responsible behaviour in cyberspace and to enhance cyber capacity building.
• The goal of the GCCS 2017 is to promote an inclusive Cyber Space with focus on policies and frameworks for inclusivity, sustainability, development, security, safety and freedom, technology and partnerships for upholding digital democracy, maximizing collaboration for strengthening security and safety and advocating dialogue for digital diplomacy.
What is Global Conference on Cyber Space?
• The Global Conference on Cyber Space is a prestigious international conference that aims at encouraging dialogue among stakeholders of cyberspace.
• The conference was incepted in the year 2011.
• The first Conference took place in London in 2011. The second conference was held in 2012 in Budapest with focus on relationship between internet rights and internet security. The third edition of GCCS was held in 2013 in Seoul. The fourth version GCCS was held on 16-17 April 2015 in The Hague, Netherlands.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports