International Cricket Council (ICC) in its board meeting in Dubai on 29 January 2015 announced that India will host the Twenty20 World Cup in 2016. The Twenty20 World Cup will be held in India from 11 March 2016 to 3 April 2016.
The meeting was chaired by N Srinivasan in the presence of all the full-member and associate representatives.
Besides this, the ICC board took some major decisions. These include
• Reinstatement of the use of a Super Over in the event of a tie in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 final.
• Approved changes in ICC Code of Conduct offences relating to slow over-rates in ICC events so that captains do not carry any prior minor over-rate offence strikes or over-rate suspensions from other series into an ICC event.
• Any over-rate strikes incurred prior to the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 will be carried forward to the first bilateral series after the event.
• The 2017 Champions Trophy will be hosted by England from 1 June to 19 June 2017 The 2017 Women’s World Cup will be held in England from 4 August 2017 to 27 August 2017.
• The 2018 Women’s Twenty20 World Cup will be organised in the West Indies from 2 November to 25 November 2018.
• England will host the 50-over World Cup in 2019 from 30 May to 15 June 2019.
When: 29 January 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.