An Indian-American professor Dr Kinshuk was on 12 July 2016 appointed as the Dean of University of North Texas College of Information in the United States with effect from 15 August 2016.
Kinshuk has a diverse set of academic experience in the field of science and technology.
About Dr Kinshuk
• He received his doctoral degree from De Montfort University in England and a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from University of Rajasthan in India.
• Since 2010, he served as an associate dean at Athabasca University in Alberta, Canada, where he helped lead the Faculty of Science and Technology.
• Prior to this, he served as Director in the School of Computing and Information Systems.
• Kinshuk also served as Industrial Research Chair in Adaptivity and Personalisation in Informatics for the National Science and Engineering Council of Canada.
• At Massey University in New Zealand, Kinshuk was the director of the Advanced Learning Technologies Research Centre.
• He also was a research fellow for the German National Research Centre for Information Technology in St. Augustin, Germany.
• Earlier in his career he was a part-time lecturer at the Government Polytechnic College in India.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Dr Kinshuk
When: 12 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.