India and France on 25 January 2016 inked 14 Agreements/MoUs in Delhi. The agreements including MoU on purchase of 36 Rafale Aircrafts were signed during the State Visit of President Francois Hollande of France to India.
Hollande was the Chief Guest at the 67th India’s Republic Day (26 January 2016) celebrations. He was the fifth French leader to be a chief guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations, maximum number from any country so far.
The 14 agreements/MoUs are
• MoU on purchase of 36 Rafale Aircrafts
• Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Centre National D'études Spatiales (CNES) Implementation Arrangement on hosting Argos-4 Payload onboard India’s Oceansat-3 satellite
• ISRO and CNES Implementation Arrangement on a future joint Thermal Infrared earth observation mission
• Letter of Intent on CNES, France participation in ISRO’s next Mars Mission
• Shareholding Agreement on JV between Alstom and Indian Railways for production of 800 electric locomotives in Madhepura Bihar
• Agreement between Indian Railways and SNCF, French Railways for joint feasibility study for the renovation of Ludhiana and Ambala railway stations
• MOU between Food Safety & Standards Authority of India and Agence nationale de sécurité sanitaire de l'alimentation (ANSES) in food safety
• Partnership Agreement on Cooperation in Public Administration between Ministry of Personnel & Public Grievances and French
• Declaration of Intent for conducting next round of Namaste France (Indian festival) in 2016 and Bonjour India (French festival) 2017
• Cultural Exchange Programme for the period 2016-2018
• Arrangement for establishment of an Indo- French Ministerial level Joint Committee on Science & Technology
• MoU for Industry Sponsored PhD Fellowship between IIT Mumbai and Thales Systemes Aeroportes
• Cooperation Agreement between IISER, Pune and ENS de Lyon (France) for joint research, teaching, exchange of personnel etc.
• Agreement of Cooperation between CNRS, TB, UBO, UBS, ENSTA Bretagne, ENIB (French Universities) and IIT Mumbai in the field of Higher Education & Research.
These 14 agreements were inked a day after the two nations exchanged 16 agreements at the India-France Business Summit in Chandigarh on 24 January 2016.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 25 January 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.