The Indian Air Force (IAF) on 11 October 2017 launched an innovative health mobile App named `MedWatch' on the occasion of its 85th anniversary. It was launched by Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa during the Air Force Commanders' Conference in New Delhi.
The Mobile app was launched to keep up with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision of ‘Digital India'.
Highlights of the `MedWatch' App
• The concept and content of the App is given by the Directorate General of Medical Services (Air).
• The app was developed in-house with zero financial outlay by the Directorate of Information Technology (DIT).
• It comprises a host of features that will provide authentic health information to all IAF personnel.
• An important component of the App is a Reminder Tool that enables timely immunization for the children of all Air Warriors. This will directly enable 'Mission Indradhanush' of Union Government.
• It is the first health mobile app among the three Armed Services- Indian Army, Indian Navy and IAF.
• It is available on the IAF's AFCEL network.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.