An Indian American Sikh woman from California, Harmeet Kaur Dhillon, was elected to an important position in the Republican Party at the US national level.
Chandigarh-born Harmeet Kaur Dhillon was elected as the newest national committee woman of the Republican National Committee on 1 May 2016.
Earlier, she was earlier the vice chairman of the California GOP. She was the first woman elected to this position of vice chair of the California Republican Party.
Harmeet Kaur Dhillon
• A nationally recognized trial lawyer, Dhillon, 47, was born in India, but raised in rural North Carolina after her Sikh parents moved to the US.
• She is a nationally recognised trial lawyer, boardroom advisor and advocate for individual, corporate and institutional clients across numerous industries and walks of life.
• She has been awarded the prestigious designation of Northern California Super Lawyer in business litigation by Thomson/West Publishing, an accolade reserved for the top 5% of lawyers in the jurisdiction.
• From an early interest in constitutional litigation, to a stint at the Department of Justice, to a decade of practice at prestigious international law firms, to founding her own law firm in 2006.
• Her legal career has been marked by a passion for justice, a zeal for attacking legal challenges, and an intense sense of satisfaction in helping her clients realize creative and practical solutions to seemingly intractable problems.
• Dhillon’s practice in New York, London, and the San Francisco Bay Area has focused on federal and state commercial litigation and arbitration, with a particular emphasis on unfair competition/trade secret misappropriation, intellectual property (including trademark litigation and internet torts), complex contractual disputes, and First Amendment litigation (including defamation, trade libel, right of publicity, and anti-SLAPP motions).
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 1 May 2016