Indian weightlifters on 5 January 2015 ended their campaign by bagging a total of 14 medals including 6 Gold Medals in the 17th Asian Youth (boys & girls), 22nd Junior Women and 29th Junior Men Asian Weightlifting Championships 2015 at Doha, Qatar.
Those six weightlifters, who failed to make it to the podium, got the top six positions in their respective body weight categories.
Highlights of the 17th Asian Youth (boys & girls), 22nd Junior Women and 29th Junior Men Asian Weightlifting Championships 2015
• India won maximum number of gold in Youth Boys division in all the three categories.
• The other three gold medals came through Youth Girls, Junior Men and Junior Women sections.
• India won a silver on the last day of the competition as Swapna Priya Baruah ended second in the Junior Women 69kg division.
• Ragala Venkat Rahul clinched a gold medal in Junior Men 85kg with a total lift of 324kg-143kg in snatch and 181kg clean & jerk.
• Two Junior Women lifters- S Thasana Chanu (58kg) and Punam Yadav (63kg) fetched bronze medals.
• Kh Nungshiton got the third spot in Youth Girls 58kg.
When: 5 January 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.