The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on 21 January 2016 announced that it signed a marketing deal with Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS).
As per the contract, the IOS will manage sponsorship and public relations for the IOA for all the major national and international events.
This is the first time in the history of IOA that any professional sports marketing agency has been appointed to generate sponsorship revenues for Indian athletes.
Details of the IOA-IOS deal
• The deal, having worth of 12 crore rupees, will cover a period of 2 years.
• Under the contract, IOS Sports and Entertainment agency will generate sponsorship for the Indian contingent that will compete in the Rio Olympics in August 2016.
• The IOS will develop intellectual properties in partnership with IOA and will attempt to unlock the commercial potential of the organisation.
About Infinity Optimal Solutions
• The New Delhi-based organisation has been in the field of sports and entertainment for about 10 years.
• It manages some of India’s top sportspersons like Suresh Raina, Saina Nehwal, Sushil Kumar, Vijender Singh and Mary Kom,
• It specialises in marketing consultation, event management, film marketing, branded content, talent management, sports infrastructure, rights management, outdoor advertising, public relations and media.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Signed between IOA & IOS