Renowned Indian scholar and plant physiologist H Deep Saini on 9 March 2016 was appointed as the Vice Chancellor of the prestigious University of Canberra.
Saini, currently the Vice-President of the University of Toronto and Principal of the University of Toronto Mississauga campus in Canada, will succeed Vice Chancellor Stephen Parker in September 2016.
Who is H Deep Saini?
• Hargurdeep Saini, also known as Deep Saini, is a notable scientist and plant physiologist.
• He has previously served as the dean of the Faculty of Environment at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario.
• An alumnus of Punjab Agricultural University in Ludhiana, and later the University of Adelaide, Australia, he joined many Indian-origin educationists holding high positions in Canadian universities.
• He began his academic career in Canada in 1982 when he joined the University of Alberta as a post-doctoral fellow.
• He is currently a member of the NSERC's Biological Systems and Functions grant selection panel, the Associate Editor of the Canadian Journal of Botany.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 9 March 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.