The India women's team on 15 February 2016 won gold at the 12th South Asian Games (SAG), beating Nepal 4-0 in the final at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Shillong.
India’s Kamala Devi scored twice. Bala Devi and Ashalata Devi were the other scorers.
On the other hand, the match brought to an end India's top women's footballer Bembem Devi's international career.
About 12th South Asian Games
• Over 2500 athletes from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives are part of the games that is being co-hosted by Meghalaya Capital, Shillong.
• A total of 228 events in 23 sports disciplines are being played during the games.
• Games slogan is Play for Peace, Progress and Prosperity.
• Tikhor, a one-horned rhino that represents endangered fauna of Assam found in Kaziranga National Park is the official mascot of the event.
• India is hosting the game for the third time. First was held in 1987 in Kolkata, West Bengal and second time in 1995 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
• The 12th South Asian Games, 2016 is the first international multi-sporting mega event in the North Eastern region.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 15 February 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.