Frank Islam, an Indian-American entrepreneur and philanthropist, will be conferred with Uttar Pradesh Ratna Award on 4 January 2016 at the inaugural UP Pravasi Diwas in Agra.
The Uttar Pradesh Government will be honouring Islam to recognise his achievements and outstanding contributions in a foreign country.
Who is Frank Islam?
• Born in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Islam moved to the United States in the early 1970s to study at University of Colorado where he obtained his Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Computer Science.
• In 1994, he founded an Information Technology firm the QSS Group, which he sold in 2007.
• After selling the QSS Group, he established the FI Investment Group.
• He has also authored two books, Working the Pivot Points: To Make America Work Again, and Renewing the American Dream: A Citizen’s Guide for Restoring Our Competitive Advantage.
• In 2014, he was awarded The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) Legends Award.
About UP Ratna Award
• The UP Ratna Award is conferred to the NRIs, who hail from the state.
• It is awarded to the NRIs who have made significant contribution to the field of science, technology, culture, medicine, education, public service and commerce in foreign countries.
• The awardees get felicitated with a shawl, citation certificate and memento.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 4 January 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.